WHAT WE ARE DOING
FOR OUR EVENTS – GO TO THE COLUMN ON THE LEFT AND CLICK ON THE INDIVIDUAL EVENT OR GO TO THE “EVENT” SECTION ON THE UPPER TOOL BAR AND CLICK ON”EVENTS” AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO ALL OF OUR EVENTS
SCROLL DOWN AND LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS FROM EVENTS FROM THE PAST AND FUTURE
WE THANK ALL THAT PARTICIPATED IN THE “THE LONG RUN” AT THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION AND RECREATION’S HORSENECK BEACH
A lot of exciting events and partners; to include sponsors, participants, and beneficiaries.
ALL OF THE EVENTS WILL BE TO BENEFIT A NON-PROFIT.
The next event is the “THE SHORE RUN”. OCTOBER 12, 2014
A race from the past that was very popular.
IT IS IN SUPPORT OF THE KIWANIS CLUB OF HYANNIS and THE BARNSTABLE LAND TRUST
THE EVENT IS A 5K FROM VETERANS BEACH IN HYANIS ALONG THE BEACHES TO HYANNISPORT AND BACK
YOUR SUPPORT AND PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT IS A STRONG BENEFIT TO THE NON-PROFITS
Most of the events are themed, Santa Runs (the first theme The Sightings started with), The Leprechaun Run, The Jester Run, three revival runs, The Green Run, and more.
OUR SANTA RUNS ARE TO TRY AND BREAK THE WORLD SANTA ALLIANCE RECORD OF MORE THAN 13,000 SANTA’S. WE WANT TO HAVE 14,000 AT EACH OF THE SANTA RUNS.
SANTA’S JOLLY JAUNT, DECEMBER 7, HYANNIS- benefits:
THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS of MASSACHUSETTS and TOYS for TOTS of BARNSTABLE
SANTA’S SIGHTINGS, DECEMBER 14TH, NEW BEDFORD - benefits
THE CULTURAL DISTRICT of NEW BEDFORD, THE NEW BEDFORD YMCA, and
GIFTS TO GIVE of NEW BEDFORD
THE LEPRECHAUN RUN MARCH 1, 2015, WAS FORMERLY CALLED THE IRISH HAT 5K, OUR GOAL IS TO ATTRACT OVER 1500 LEPRECHAUNS.
Virtually all of our events will have a 5k and youth component involved.
We will continue to update this site as new information becomes available on the events, as we establish relationships with new partners, and as further training programs are developed.
Presently there is a training program for 5k’s; 10k’s, half-marathons, and marathons will be added in the next month. For individualized training programs, contact Geoff Smith or call 774-929-5207.
- Geoff Smith - Winning Boston, Read the "About" section of our site to understand " The Sightings"
- Santa Run - New Bedford - 2013
- The Leprechaun Run - 2014
- CAPE MEDIA (C3TV) "THE GREEN RUN" KEEP LOWELL PARK GREEN VIDEO: Click on the link and watch the video, learn more about the Land Trust, The Sightings, LLC and their partnership on "The Green Run", Keep Lowell Park Green http://youtu.be/aiv6l82DtrE
- A super view from "The Long Run"
- "The Green Run" Keep Lowell Park Green - Video by Mary Jo Wheatley http://youtu.be/lfdYzWsVJvY
- The Long Run is September 7, 2014 at the Department of Conservation's Horseneck Beach. Watch the video for a preview. 8k Long Run Preview at Horseneck Beach